church events booking request form
We are excited to receive your request to book an event for the Church!
To help us schedule your event and provide you with information for support services, please complete and submit this form to the Church office, or online below.
Note: If you are planning an off-site event/activity, please use the booking form to fill in the event name, date, time, contact information and off-site location so your event can be added to the church calendar and to the church advertising. Any details can be filled in on the notes sections.
Please review the Communications Handbook for the procedures regarding advertising your church event.
Your booking will be complete when you receive written confirmation from the Church Office.
- Check the “Booking Calendar” on the RDLUC website for available dates, and choose the date for your event (and set-up if required). Please keep in mind that we don’t want to overload our wonderful helpers by booking major events too closely together.
- What is the Events Name?
- Event Coordinators – please fill in the names and contact information for the key Coordinators
- Requested event dates – include setup time and takedown time so the complete timeslot is booked for your event.
- For Fundraising events, please note where the proceeds will go e.g. Capital Project, Outreach etc.
- Select all areas of the church where your event will take place.
- Advertising: Let us know what the event is all about. Guides, Slides and Posters are created for all events/programs. If you would like to add Signup Sheet, Road Sign or Worship Announcement, please let us know.
- Identify what furniture will be needed.
- Your team will be responsible for setting up and taking down any additional furniture used for your event. The space should be returned to the “normal” setup.
- Do you need Hospitality Support?
- The Hospitality Events Team is available to help with serving food and preparing beverages.
- Make sure that "Safe Food Practices" are used when preparing or setting out food. If you areunsure how to do this, please ask if someone from your group is familiar with these practices and is willing to help, or contact a member of the Hospitality Events Team.
- Kitchen use
- "How to" signs are posted in each kitchen, and a booklet containing “Safe Food Practices” is available in both kitchens (upstairs – in the drawer by the fridge, and downstairs in the drawer by the handwashing sink).
- If assistance is needed for food or coffee preparation, if you have questions about cleanup procedures, or if there are any problems, please call Marj Den Hoed (email@example.com), Larry Stilwell (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Wendy Johnson (email@example.com).
- Please make sure the space that has been used by your group is returned to the condition in which it was found – clean, and ready for the next group.
- If alcohol is to be served, a Liquor License and Certificate of Alcohol Liability Insurance ($5,000,000) must be purchased and submitted to the office no later than one week prior to the event. The “Serving of Alcoholic Beverages Policy” is also to be reviewed and signed by one of the Event Coordinators.
- Do you need AV Team support?
- If you are the last to leave the church, make sure that it is properly locked and the alarm set. If there is no keyholder on your team, please contact the church office so arrangements can be made.
- Photographs: Please take photos of your event to help keep our Photo Wall up-to date and interesting! Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions? Please contact the church office at email@example.com or phone 403- 256-3181